Translations and information are all thanks to @rubypurple_fan unless otherwise noted
The info and quotes are in no particular order and come from all the interviews released today.
EDIT: There are so many interviews that its difficult to even keep up with them. So hopefully they will be translated in full. Here is what I managed to grab off of Twitter (I’m pretty sure there is a ton more). One thing is for sure, the reporters were smitten with him. Many praised him for how frank, honest, and candid he was despite his “idol” status. (If you’ve seen or followed the interviews done with Yoochun and Junsu, you’d see the ‘candid and honesty’ trait is common amongst all three)
Some Q & A:
Q: Did you feel burdened acting with Kim Eunsoo?
JJ: No because I really thought of him as a father so acting comes naturally.
Q: A lot of saliva on the crying scene
JJ: Haha. not only saliva but sweat, tears, runny nose, everything was mixed together haha.
Q: gave KES a whiskey as a gift?
JJ: When I first met him, he said, wish I can drink whiskey in this heat. so I gave him one.
Q: Best couple with Jin Yihan?
JJ: I always seem to be paired up with both actors and actresses.best couple, sure, I’m very grateful.
Q: Robert Pattinson resemblace?
JJ: Oh I heard about that. Do we look alike? Some say I look like a westerner. I do not know.
Q: Who is better at acting, you or Park Yoochun?
JJ: Yoochun and I are different and we each have our own strengths and characteristics
Q: handsome face?
JJ: No I’m not handsome, maybe unique.
Q: What is your appeal?
JJ: I think the way how I look attracts fans and the way I behave/act is what makes them stay beside me.
Q: Kim Jaejoong’s belief?
JJ: Similar to KT, I will certainly protect people/things I believe in. This means always keep the faith. YC also has a similar tattoo. Reminds us to keep on doing what we want to do even if there is a chance of losing.
Q: Which director you want to work with and why?
JJ: Lee Jee Han who directed A Moment to Remember. After watching that movie, I came up with “No Gain”, which was sung by Junsu.
Q: Other plans?
JJ: New work before the end of the year and I also want to meet a good woman. would like to date even blind date
Q: Blind date?
JJ: I tried it twice.
Q: Secret to being healthy?
JJ: I take omega-3 vitamins and massaged my head to improve blood circulation. I find it hard to breathe when I don’t exercise. At home, I relax by watching movies, cooking, or drinking. I also drive around sometimes.
Q: Have you watched the Olympic games?
JJ: I saw fencing, archery, badminton, shooting, football, table tennis among others.
Q: JYJ’s military enlistment plans?
JJ: Have not discussed again with members but will go when need to go. Jihoon hyung (Rain) contacted me and said, come here right now. (laughs)
Q: Cooking skills?
JJ: I think I can cook everything. Some dishes I can cook better than in a restaurant.
Q: Members’ reactions?
JJ: They like my cooking. But Junsu cries because he can’t eat during the evenings since he’s on a diet. (laughs)
Q: Current kakaotalk phrase/msg?
JJ: 힘차게 열심히 ( one of his lines from Dr Jin). Photo shows a V pose.
Jaejoong’s comments on JYJ & Music
- “I think Junsu is the most handsome among JYJ members. He has everything that I do not have.”
- “Park Yoochun is very chic and I think that it is his charm.”
- “JYJ members have different personalities but we blend so well.”
- “JYJ is getting ready to work on their next album.”
- “I want to go on public broadcast. Seems like the juniors before are now considered seniors in the industry. I feel old. (laughs)”
- “I want everyone to listen to my new songs.” (on his plans as a singer)
- Secret to JYJ unity? “We talk a lot, both good and bad things.”
- Yoochun made Jabtang late in the night and it was good. Junsu cried. He absolutely couldn’t eat at night but really wanted to, so he cried. [cr. ohmyjunsu]
- “Not long ago, I saw Eric hyung (of Shinhwa) upload a group photo of his members in kakaotalk and I said “so good to see hyungs, so cool” To which Eric hyung said, we’re just pretending. (laughs) You can see how close they are. Our JYJ members are also like that.”
- “Our confidence is stronger with the 3 of us together. It will be hard if I’m doing everything alone.”
- “I think there will be no strong conflict among idol groups and their members if no one is treating 1 member better than the others.”
- “Idol groups with no conflicts don’t exist” [cr. ohmyjunsu]
- “During Dr Jin, I came up with very very sad songs. So sad that I deleted/erased them.”
- If JS/YC have public relationship, JJ: “They seem cool but they wont reveal it. If YC has a partner for marriage, I’ll spread the news first!” [cr. ohmyjunsu]
- “A while back I was having a hard time so I wanted to hear the members’ voices, but YC & JS didn’t pick up my calls. I got to talk to JS but YC didn’t even reply to the text I sent him. I was frustrated so I called Yoohwan & asked ‘Is your hyung doing well?’ but it turns out YC isnt very close with his phone. Even with missed calls, he doesn’t call back & only responds if a text comes while he’s holding his phone. When we all meet up, I must tell him this. Yoochun-ah, pick up your phone!” [cr. ohmyjunsu]
- “JYJ’s most difficult time is during the sasaeng assualt controversy. I’ve been hard on myself and have not slept well.”
- He busied himself by doing both Dr Jin and Jackal at the same time. His advice? “Please don’t be like me”
- About JYJ: “Though we don’t meet frequently, we support each member’s solo activities.”
- All JYJ members are busy nowadays but I’m so happy that I got to meet them a few days ago because of a CF shoot.
- “We will be going to the US soon to work on JYJ’s album.”
- On other artists: “My manager likes SISTAR so I’ve been listening to SISTAR songs. I listen with him & I like it. For guys, I recently like BEAST’s new song. I also watched their performance on Inkigayo”
- When JYJ comes out with a new song, hoobaes also download and listen to them. JJ revealed hoobae idols think JYJ is ‘strange’ and JYJ has become a ‘rare’ sunbae to them. (translater note: JJ’s wording was vague, but I think the ‘rare’ means that even though JYJ can’t come out on TV, they still do so well.) [cr. ohmyjunsu]
- JJ also said that it’s hard to see hoobaes since JYJ can’t go to broadcasts but when hoobaes meet them, they’re ‘amazed’ [cr. ohmyjunsu]
- JYJ has yet to discuss about enlistment. Jaejoong says when it’s time to go, they’ll naturally need to go.[cr. Onedaymicky]
- “We have some individual fans. It’s because each of us have distinct individual characteristics.” [cr. _alovelikewar]
Jaejoong the Social Butterfly:
- He is friends with Olympian Park Taehwan. He watched all his competitions and was concerned when Park was initially disqualified.
- “I wanted to protest by sending a letter to the Olympic board. The disqualification doesn’t make any sense. He’s been training really hard…since the end of the Beijing Olympics 4 years ago.” Park has a good friend in Kim Jaejoong
- “When I saw that Tae Hwan got disqualified, I got mad and sent a text message to him ‘I want to go to England to protest to the umpire!” [cr. _alovelikewar]
- “He met Park Taehwan thru some acquaintances and from there built on the friendship. I saw how hard he trained, getting up really early.”
- “I always say to him, eat properly, must work hard for the Olympics.”
- Kim Jaejoong, despite having a busy schedule, did not miss any broadcast on Park Taehwan’s swimming competitions.
- “I also sent encouraging messages to Son Yeonjae who I worked with last year during the all-stars rhythmic gymnastics gala”
- JJ sent a support message to Son Yeonjae: “On the mat, you’re the best!” to cheer her on [cr. ohmyjunsu]
- “I heard the new song from BEAST and my manager seems to like it a lot. I saw their performance on Inkigayo.”
- “I gave Kim Eunsoo a whiskey and a new phone. His 2g phone does not work on the filming location so I purchased him a new one.”
- He now talks to Kim Eunsoo via kakaotalk after teaching him how to do it.
- “I gave him a galaxy s3 because not having a cellphone is bad. I taught him how to access internet and to use the camera.”
- “Kim Eunsoo has started calling me his son around the set. I’m so proud and happy.”
- Kim Jaejoong’s brotherly love did not stop there. He also developed deep friendship with SSH and Jin Yihan.
- “KT and YH.. we have a love line. Those eyebrows and eyes, haha. Real love, not necessarily romantic. That’s deeper than any friendship.”
- “I made plans with SSH hyung to go mountain climbing.”
Jaejoong’s commentary about himself:
- “I won’t have a public relationship in my 20s. I’ll re-think it when I’m in my 30s” [cr. ohmyjunsu]
- “I’m worried that fans will be hurt. Fans are half and half. In my DC Inside Gallery, I saw a post called ‘It would be nice if Jaejoong met this kind of women’ and I thought the fan who posted it is cool. On the other hand, there must be fans who will be hurt.” [cr. ohmyjunsu]
- “I have a tattoo which says always keep the faith. Whenever I feel weakened, I look at it to give me strength to hold on to my beliefs.”
- “I don’t think I’m handsome”
- “I’m not handsome but rather unique looking”
- “I would also like to have a girlfirned. Jin Yihan-hyung will help me look. (laughs)”
- “If I can time slip, I want to go to the future and see what I’ve become and if I achieved my goals.”
- “I think what draws people to me is my seemingly cold personality but in fact I’m a fairly decent young man.” (everyone in the room laughed)
- “The food I make is tasty but it’s not pretty (presentation wise) so I must work harder on it..” [cr. ohmyjunsu]
- “I recently made a really yummy chicken bokkeumtang” & “I’m happy seeing people eat my food deliciously” [cr. ohmyjunsu]
- “I don’t have time to date now but the love I’ve been receiving from fans around the world is enough.”[cr. _alovelikewar]
- On his tattoo: “I designed it and got it two years ago with Yoochun. What I have now will disappear anytime, but always have to keep the faith till the end.” Apart from the chest, at the back he also has member’s English names. Jaejoong said: “Others told me I might regret it but I don’t think so. With those name tattoos, the members seem like they are with me together. When I am busy, it helps me realize how important our members are.” Moreover, he expressed he won’t get any tattoo of female’s name even his wife’s. But maybe be his son? [cr. starsInLoveJYJ]
- “Instead of eating rice, I just take food supplements when I’m busy. I’d rather sleep than eat. When the brain is tired and can’t memorize my lines, I take omega-3 (laughs)”
- Jaejoong’s ideal girl: “Someone who looks at only me like YOUNG-HWI is able to will be very nice.” [cr. Starfieldsho]
- “I have to see after knowing them longer. I don’t just want to date, I want to find someone who will become my person, my woman” [cr. ohmyjunsu]
- JJ went on a blind date with an idol killer who was pretty, had a nice personality, and lots of money, but he heard about how she dates idols then leaves them, so he ended it right there & didn’t meet her again. [cr. ohmyjunsu]
- “I don’t like girls like Young Rae. A girl who would look at me would be good. Someone like Younghwi who only thinks of me. How good it would be if he wasn’t a friend and instead was a girl…” [cr. _alovelikewar]
Jaejoong’s comments on Dr. Jin, his character, and acting:
- The other characters in Jin dreamed of something big while KT remained simple and focused on those important to him. “In other words, these people looked at the world while KT looked after these people”
- “My father (Kim Eunsoo) died at the scene and I poured everthing to him including tears, runny nose, and saliva. He said great job. (laughs)”
- “The senior actors have helped me all throughout filming. I’m very thankful.”
- “I enjoyed the stress because I learned a lot from it.”
- “I like to try new roles, I don’t care if the role is big or small because I learn something new in every role. I want to take things slow”
- “Frankly, I feel that I did not do so well in the drama in terms of acting but I tried my best to improve in each episode.”
- “I want people to see Kim Kyungtak, and not Kim Jaejoong the performer/idol so I put a lot of effort in my acting”
- “I focused more on my role and didn’t care how I look. I had tears, sweat, saliva, runny nose but I received compliments from staff (laughs)”
- “I had Dr Jin and will appear in a movie after. I’m now working on new songs”
- “I’m very thankful to have senior actors in every drama teach me acting skills esp. Kim Eungsoo. He even taught me how to breathe properly”
- “Being in a historical drama is challenging”
- “During the last shooting, it was really hot. I only slept 4 hours in 4 days and I haven’t eaten properly. There was an ambulance waiting but I did not faint! (laughs)”
- “I’ve only been in my house a dozen times in 3 months. I just sleep in the car so I could arrive early and not burden anyone.”
- “I want to try being a pyschopath. I don’t have to be the main lead so I could show more variety in my roles.”
- “I can’t score myself on Protect the Boss because I am just a new actor developing skills.”
- “Being an idol turned actor has a lot of disadvantages but I try my best to show a better representation of the character I’m playing.”
- “KT’s character is originally a cold strong one but as the drama progresses, we see how he becomes more human, shedding tears towards the end.”
- “I lost 5-6 kgs while shooting Dr Jin”
- “My role as KT is really challenging because he is not a part of the original manga.”
- “My biggest enemy is the heat! I was forced to endure wearing armor in the middle of summer. I feel bad for the others too.”
- “My topknot is too tight, my eyes seems stretched too. I also had rubber abs during the injury scene! (laughs)”
- “Kim Eunsoo looks a lot like my father and it helped me when I was filming the crying scene.”
- “I was having trouble on how to do Kyungtak’s voice so I asked a lot of senior actors.”
- “There isn’t another chance to get a Newcomer Award so of course ambition/greed will arise” [cr. ohmyjunsu]
- “When others win the Newcomer Award, they’ll give speeches coolly. For me, I will stick both my hands w/ V-shaped fingers in the camera and scream ‘THANK YOU!!’ loudly. Euhaha~” [cr. ohmyjunsu]
- Jaejoong’s promise is to make the peace sign with both hands & say thank you at the ceremony if he wins the rookie/newcomer actor award [cr. Starfieldsho]
- “I do not regret doing Dr Jin even though the ratings are not high. I think gentleman’s dignity appeals to the younger viewers.”
- Seems like JJ went to the interviews dressed casually. He went wearing simple clothes and said to reporters while smiling “It’s hot”.
- KJJ walked in the room and introduced himself and said he was glad to meet all of us.
- His skin is exceptionally smooth.
- Kim Jaejoong may have started as a singer but throughout the interview, I could feel how passionate he is towards acting.
- Unlike other idols, Kim Jaejoong’s answers during the interview are sincere and well-thought.
- Despite his hectic schedule, he is always the first one to arrive on set.
- JYJ members have been active in acting, musicals, concerts but the public can not see the talented singers that they are.
- JYJ members always said in interviews that they want to go on stage. I hope they can do that soon
- Kim Jaejoong has received a lot of love from actors/staff for both Protect the Boss and Dr Jin.
- He is the youngest among the actors and is considered the mood maker of the group.
- I was impressed at how passionate Kim Jaejoong is towards acting.
- I had prejudice towards JYJ songs by thinking it will sound the same as the rest of idols. Then I saw their concert. My view changed.
- I was able to witness their amazing singing and dancing performances. They can create their own songs and they balanced each other out.
- I was disappointed that not a lot of people were able to see what I witnessed.
- Jaejoong showed up in the interview with no trace of tiredness.
- Kim Jaejoong carves his own path as an actor. What’s most important to him is to become a better actor rather than getting lead roles.
- We are looking forward to seeing Kim Jaejoong’s growth in the future.